GW students, faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated are required to take a monthly asymptomatic (displaying no symptoms) COVID-19 test. Members of the summer on-campus cohort who are not fully vaccinated must test weekly and monitor symptoms daily until they are fully vaccinated. This guidance applies to all GW community members, including those in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Appointments must be made through the medical portal.
Foggy Bottom Campus
Beginning Monday, June 4, through Friday, August 13, testing at the University Student Center will be available at the locations below. Those without campus access or those who are newly eligible to access campus can access the University Student Center beginning at 8:30 a.m. when doors are unlocked to the public.
The campus testing location for appointments after August 13 will be announced soon. The summer testing schedule listed below will continue through September 2. The fall testing schedule will include limited evening and weekend appointments.
Move-In Testing for Residential Students (only for students moving in to residence halls)
Location to be announced
- Saturday, August 21 and Sunday, August 22: 8 a.m. - noon and 12:30 - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, August 28: 8 a.m. - noon and 12:30 - 4 p.m.
Asymptomatic (routine and required) COVID-19 Testing for Students, Faculty and Staff and Off-Campus Students Without Campus Access
University Student Center, Grand Ballroom (through Friday, August 13)
800 21st St., NW, Third Floor
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 6:30 a.m.* - noon and 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6 a.m.* - noon and 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays (starting August 6): 8 a.m. - noon
* Students, faculty, and staff testing for the first time may access the testing site at 8:30 a.m. It can take the Campus COVID-19 Support Team (CCST) up to two business days after your appointment to lift the testing hold on your GWorld card.
* Non-GW community members may access the site beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Before coming to the University Student Center test center, please remember the following:
- You must make an appointment through the medical portal.
- Appointment times will be enforced to prevent overcrowding at the test centers.
- Walk-ins cannot be accommodated for testing.
Additionally, the Pfizer vaccine is available at the University Student Center. Additional information is available here.
Symptomatic COVID-19 Testing for Students, Faculty and Staff
Colonial Health Center (through Friday, August 13)
University Student Center
800 21st St., NW, Ground Floor
- Mondays -Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Fridays (August 6 and August 13 only): 12:45 - 4 p.m.
Virginia Science and Technology Campus
- Thursdays through August 19: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 26: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
If You Fall Out of Testing Compliance
If you are unable to maintain your testing schedule, your badge will turn "overdue," and the Campus COVID-19 Support Team (CCST) will place a testing hold on your GWorld account that will limit your campus access to your residence hall (if applicable), the testing sites, and the parking garages. To reinstate your access, please follow the steps below:
- Immediately schedule a test for the next time you will be on campus.
- When you check out from your testing appointment, your badge should "clear" or show green to indicate you are in compliance with your testing schedule.
- It can take the Campus COVID-19 Support Team (CCST) up to two business days after your appointment to lift the testing hold on your GWorld account.
Obtaining Your Test Results
Test results typically take 24-48 hours to be returned. You can view your results in the medical portal. After you log in you can go to "Medical Records" in the left-hand menu and then click the "Labs" tab to see all of your test results.
You may also get your results via text message. Within the medical portal, ensure that your mobile phone number is current, update your mobile phone carrier and activate text messaging to receive your test results, as well as any updates and reminders.