Regular Spring Operating Hours
** UPDATED MARCH 12, 2021 **
Appointments for GW’s COVID-19 testing are available only to the on-campus cohort and students living in the D.C.-area without campus access. You must make an appointment through the medical portal. A step-by-step instruction guide is available online.
GW faculty and staff in the D.C. region who are not part of the on-campus cohort can obtain COVID-19 tests through the GW Medical Faculty Associates (MFA), the university's clinical medicine practice led by physicians affiliated with the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences. More information is available here.
Foggy Bottom Campus
Marvin Center (asymptomatic testing):
Mondays and Wednesdays: 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Lerner Health & Wellness Center (symptomatic testing and students without campus access):
Mondays - Thursdays: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fridays: 12:45 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Before coming to the Foggy Bottom test centers, please remember the following:
- You must make an appointment through the medical portal.
- Appointment times will be enforced to prevent overcrowding at the test centers.
- Walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
- The testing centers are closed between 12-12:30 p.m. daily.
Virginia Science and Technology Campus
Mondays: 9 a.m. –3:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Thursdays: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
If You Fall Out of Weekly Testing Compliance
If you are unable to maintain your weekly testing schedule, please continue to complete the daily symptom tracker. However, your badge will turn "overdue," and you will not have access to buildings. To reinstate your access, please follow the steps below:
- Immediately schedule a test for the next time you will be on campus.
- When you arrive on campus, obtain a COVID-19 test.
- For Foggy Bottom Campus: Visit the GWPD Community Police Center at the corner of 22nd and G streets. The center is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- For VSTC: Visit an Allied Universal staff member at a front desk, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Once there, present your green “cleared” badge (as displayed on your medical portal) to the security officer. They will call a representative to activate your GWorld card access, but only if the suspension on your account is due to an overdue test.
Obtaining Your Test Results
Test results typically take 24-48 hours to be returned. You can view your results in the medical portal. After you log in you can go to "Medical Records" in the left-hand menu and then click the "Labs" tab to see all of your test results.
You may also get your results via text message. Within the medical portal, ensure that your mobile phone number is current, update your mobile phone carrier and activate text messaging to receive your test results, as well as any updates and reminders.