Report External Positive COVID-19 Result
George Washington University students, faculty, staff or postdocs should upload a positive COVID-19 test result received from outside of a university testing site to the medical portal.
- Go to the medical portal and log in with your single sign-on UserID, password and birthdate
- Click on Messages in the left-hand menu
- Click on New Message
- Choose your appropriate COVID-19 test results option based on your GW affiliation (Faculty/Staff/Postdocs or Student)
- Attach a clear PDF or image of your external positive result that shows your name, the test date, and the date you received your results
- In the message, please write your test collection date, symptom start date, (if applicable), and ask for CCST to be notified.
- After your results are processed, please complete the daily isolation survey. These surveys are required while you are in isolation. Only a medical provider can clear you from isolation based on your survey responses. The survey can be found in the medical portal.
Due to privacy laws, only the person who tested positive may upload their results in the medical portal. If you have any questions, reach out to the Student Health Center (students) at 202-994-5300 or GW Occupational Health (faculty, staff and postdocs).
George Washington University will keep confidential any information supplied, consistent with applicable law, and share it only with those staff members directly coordinating the COVID-19 response.