As we prepare for spring break and the online instructional continuity period that follows, we understand that you may have questions about reimbursements to your student accounts or operations on campus during this time. We want to assure you that we are taking steps to limit any financial hardship you may face as a result of the instructional continuity period.
For students who will not remain on campus during the instructional continuity period:
- You will receive a credit to your student account at the nightly rate of your residence hall unit type for the period in which the university is operating under instructional continuity.
- You may request a reimbursement of dining plan funds for the number of days the instructional continuity period lasts. If you paid for a parking permit, you may also request a refund for the number of days the instructional continuity period lasts. To request either or both reimbursements, please complete this form.
- All other GWorld funds will remain in your account and will continue to carry over year to year. They will not expire unless your account is inactive for 36 consecutive months.
For students approved to remain on campus during the instructional continuity period:
- You will continue to have access to more than 105 GWorld vendors, including on-campus venues at District House and Shenkman Hall.
- Dining services is offering a seven-day non-perishable meal kit at a low cost. More information is available here.
- We urge you to stock food and personal items in the event you are unable to leave your unit for any period of time.
Finally, for any student who is experiencing an extraordinary financial hardship, support is available. Students may request emergency assistance by completing the Ronald W. Howard Student Assistance Fund form or by contacting [email protected] and our Student Support staff will work with you to address your needs. We are here to help.
We realize that this is a difficult time for many, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to address ways to support you during this evolving situation. Please stay informed of the latest updates and prioritize your health and safety over the weeks to come.
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students